Friday, July 31, 2015

You Kiddin' Me?

Thank Kukulkan It's Friday!

"Roll over Beethoven, and tell Quetzalcoatl the news!"

The Progressive Outrage Machine

So, I guess I'm supposed to be upset because Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee compared President Obama to Adolf Hitler the other day. After all, prominent TV news figures have condemned Huckabee's statement. Liberal websites have condemned Huckabee's statement. Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has condemned Huckabee's statement. Even President Obama himself has joined in the condemnation.

Except, of course, Huckabee made no such comparison. This is what he actually said, folks:
This president’s foreign policy is the most feckless in American history. It is so naive that he would trust the Iranians. By doing so, he will take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven. This is the most idiotic thing, this Iran deal. It should be rejected by both Democrats and Republicans in Congress and by the American people. I read the whole deal. We gave away the whole store. It’s got to be stopped.
I would argue that, if you want to claim Huckabee has made an historical analogy, you'd have to conclude from those remarks that he was comparing Obama to Neville Chamberlain, not to Hitler. His suggestion is that Obama's deal with Iran will permit them to make good on their threats against Israel. The ones doing the actual, you know, Hitler-y stuff would be the Iranians. Obama, in Huckabee's opinion, is just an enabler.

Of course, progressives count on the historical illiteracy of large segments of the population...always have, really.

But you know what? Even if Huckabee HAD made the comparison he's accused of making, I could only agree to be outraged by that if the same people complaining now had been just as vocal complaining about the eight years of this I had to put up with:








Funny, but I don't recall any condemnations of this sort of thing from progressive websites (many of them were sources of such imagery, naturally), network news anchors, or then-senators Clinton and Obama. So you'll pardon me if I don't get on board the Indignation Express this time.

"Don't you think you're over-reacting just a bit?"
You know who else liked to eat ants? Hitler, that's who!



Public Service Announcement
for Users of Facebook, Twitter, reddit, etc.




Bonamassa Swag Test Drive


I have fair skin, so I have to be pretty careful when doing things out in the sunshine. When I've been taking my daily walks, I have worn a baseball cap, but that doesn't offer nearly so much protection as my latest acquisition from my hero Joe Bonamassa's cool online store.

I wore the new hat for the first time this morning, and it is quite an improvement. Highly recommended for those occasions when you have to spend any time out in the sun...

"If I had teeth, I'd be biting my tongue right now."
I do have a foot, so I'm more than capable of kicking your ass right now...



I Do Love My Gadgets...

...but I don't get this carried away about it...

From Randall Munroe's delightful xkcd webcomic, which features new comics on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. You should read them.



Until Next Time...

On July 30, 1963, The Beatles went into the studio with producer George Martin to record a version of Chuck Berry's "Roll Over Beethoven." They had been playing the song as part of their live act even before they had chosen the name The Beatles.

Perhaps because their audience was so hungry for original material (this cover was released in between the No. 1 hits "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You"), this recording only reached No. 68 on the U.S. charts. It was included on their U.S. release The Beatles' Second Album. Today's send-off is a remastered version of that recording. Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment