Thursday, July 16, 2015

Storm Clouds

Apologia

Yesterday was a somewhat uneven day for me, but it ended badly. I couldn't sleep at first, so I spent some time out on my patio drinking Café Français and watching yet more thunderstorms roll through the area. I've always enjoyed watching rainstorms, ever since I used to sit on my grandmother's porch with her as a young boy and jump at every crack of thunder. Sometimes, if it was only a gentle rainshower instead of a storm, she'd sing "Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral" to me until I fell asleep...

I'm afraid I don't have anything to say about whatever foolishness happens to be going on in the world today. It isn't clear to me that anyone is even reading what I've been putting in here anyway, and since that is the case I doubt I'll be doing it much longer...

In the meantime, I am sorry if you showed up today expecting something interesting. The best I can offer is a poem that was much on my mind last night as I watched those storms...



Definitely not okay, old friend, but going to Omaha wouldn't help...



Things That Make Me Happy: Crush Edition

Last night's episode of Suits (currently my favorite TV show) was top notch because, among other things...



...it guest-starred Amy Acker, long a favorite actress of mine. And since her character is the sister of one of the show's principal leads, perhaps she'll have a recurring role...

And, on top of that...














...they brought back the character of Katrina Bennett, played by the wonderful Amanda Schull!









Any episode of the show that features not one but two of my all-time TV crushes will definitely make the short list of Favorite Episodes Ever.



Wild Kingdom Bed & Breakfast Update

The rainy weather certainly hasn't hurt the appetites of my customers...

The midday lunch crowd often prefers the alfresco dining experience over the patio itself...
"Well, I'd prefer if they dined somewhere else altogether."
Fortunately for them, you don't get a vote...


A Humble Request

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a comment left today."
 Just click the link right next to the time-stamp at the bottom of the post...


Until Next Time...

One of the things that can cheer me up when the world's daily horrors threaten my sanity is music. I love music of all kinds, and almost all of it (even blues) brightens my spirits. After all, a world with such beauty in it can't be all bad, right?

As I said, I do love all kinds of music, but I admit a special fondness for women with beautiful voices, and one of my favorites in that regard is Natalie Merchant, whom I've had a crush on since I first heard her voice on the 10,000 Maniacs album In My Tribe back in 1987.

Today's send-off is "Kind and Generous," from Natalie's 1998 solo album Ophelia. As a single, the song peaked at No. 3 on Billboard's Adult Top 40 chart. Yeah, the video is a little...well, odd...but it was the '90s. You really had to be there.

Call me sometime, Natalie... 


No comments:

Post a Comment