Monday, June 15, 2015

Rainy Days and Mondays

Of Sound Mind and Infirm Body

The last couple of days have not been awesome with regard to health issues for me. I'm pretty sure I gave myself food poisoning on Saturday, and ever since then I have been battling a fever, upset stomach, and muscle pain. Add to that the way my arthritis reacts when the weather is so wet, and...
...oh, my aching joints.
So today's entry is likely to be a little on the short side, in part because I can't wait to go back to bed again, and in part because it bloody well hurts to type!
"Simmer down, please. You're always such a baby when you're sick."
Like you're any better...


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Suckers...


Honestly, people who get all shocked about who gets killed on Game of Thrones crack me up.


Things That Make Me Happy: Old Rivals Edition

My beloved Kansas City Royals are scheduled to play tonight at Miller Park in Milwaukee, against former American League rivals the Milwaukee Brewers. The Brewers joined MLB as an expansion team in 1969, the same year as the Royals. After just one season in Seattle (as the Pilots), the team moved to Milwaukee and adopted the "Brewers" nickname. It moved from the American League to the National League in 1998.

In a weird scheduling quirk, the two teams are set to play a four-game series, with the first two games in Milwaukee today and tomorrow, and the final two games at Kauffman Stadium on Wednesday and Thursday.

The Royals will send Edinson Volquez to the mound tonight. He's been their most consistent starter so far this season, and the team has won six of the last seven games he has started. I'm hopeful that the Royals' slumbering bats will awaken against the team with the second-worst ERA in the National League...

"Junio no ha sido un buen mes para mí."


Somebody Needs to Say It


Yes, we most surely would...


Until Next Time...

I know it seems like an obvious choice given the weather we've been having here in the midwest lately, but today's send-off IS a cool song, and Creedence Clearwater Revival was a huge part of my adolescence, before the group disbanded acrimoniously my sophomore year in college. When they were good, they were very, very good. Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment