Friday, November 20, 2015

Trumped Out

Thank Kanaloa It's Friday!

"Yes, my balls are blue. Why do you ask?"


How Politics Works, At the Moment



Alleged "conservative Republican" and certifiable asshat Donald Trump says something completely outrageous, like this...









...after which event, those of us with a functioning intellect and an understanding of what "conservative" means are all like...













...but the semi-literate half-wits backing Trump be all like...






Leading inexorably to...

Your next President, ladies and gentlemen.

Which, of course, was Trump's plan from the outset...


Any questions?



Technical Problems

Today's post is both late and short due to some issues I'm having with the Blogger software. Among other issues, it is refusing to allow me to insert photographs or other graphics as I usually do, resulting in some time-consuming work-arounds. It also decided to delete the text I had prepared for the opening section without being told to do so, and without conducting a save first. I lost probably 1,500 words and a couple of hours' work. I elected not to try to reconstruct.

Sorry that today's post isn't up to snuff, but to a large extent we are all at the mercy of technologies we only dimly understand and can only incompletely manipulate...

"Plus, you're old and not very bright."

There is that, yes...



A Fair Point


From the insightful pen of Mike Ramirez, whose editorial cartoons you should read often, as I do.


Until Next Time...

During the course of nearly 30 years teaching high school, I saw many a pop singer come and go in the collective enthusiasm of my students. No matter what style of music happened to be popular at any given time, there was always one vocalist who towered above all others in the eyes of the adolescents who populated my classrooms.

The most recent iteration of this phenomenon is British singer-songwriter Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, who performs professionally simply as Adele. Her 2008 debut 19 (2x Platinum in the U.S.) and its 2011 follow-up 21 (11x Platinum in the U.S.) were both cultural landmarks. If you were around teenagers all day, as I was, you needed to know who Adele was. You just did.

Her third studio album, 25, was released today, and I have no doubt that it will be a tremendous success as well. The album's first single, "Hello," was released on October 23 and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart. It also became the first song to record more than one million digital sales/downloads in its first week of release. I think that means the kids still dig her stuff.

Today's send-off is the official music video of "Hello." The usual music video disclaimers apply, of course. Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment